Once products are sold out, they can be marked as out of stock to prevent them from being ordered.
Step 1: Click on Sales and Operations > Menu Item Availability
Or select the Item Availability shortcut from the dashboard
Step 2: Search for your product using the search criteria at the top of the screen.
Step 3: Mark the item as Sold Out
The following options are available for setting the availability status:
- Available: The item is available on the menu for sale
- Sold Out Today: The item is marked as "sold out" today, but will automatically be marked as available the next day.
- Unavailable: The item remains "sold out" until manually marked as "available".
Note: If marked as "Unavailable", once the item is back in stock you will need to remember to set as "Available" again.
- Items that are commonly out of stock can be "pinned" to the top of the list for quick access.
- Menu categories can be searched, including "Extra Items".